Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A look at the future of the industry


With graduation upon us, we see the advancement of our president from graduate student to entrepreneur.  It is with great respect, that we would like to honor this substantial achievement by saying… CONGRATULATIONS!  With completion of his Masters (of Business), he adds yet another accolade to his already impressive resume.  And while that in it self may represents success for many, we are equally excited to observe the affects of the process.  

In this short sit down, we ask him to address two key questions.  1) What are his views on the future of the industry?  2) How does being a recent college graduate prepare you to excel in these areas? 
           
I believe whole-heartedly, that life in general is only as hard as you make it.  While there may be unforeseeable bumps and bends with your path, as long as you look at obstacles as opportunities you will fair well in the bigger picture.  This is in fact the primary principal that the network was founded upon. 

A few years back I had noticed the declination of the traditional models of selling and distributing music.  I being an independent artist at the time, felt as though the industry that I had aspired to enter was essentially falling a part.  However, other venues that employed the use musical content were still growing exponentially at a rapid pace. 

After an extensive period of research, I located avenue that allowed me to still focus on music while assisting in the crossover of content.  Thankfully, I had established some pretty essential bonds with media developers during my trek as a struggling musician.   It was through these connections that the music casting network was able to come to fruition.   Considering the nature of the business, I feel whole-heartedly that this newly formed market can and will succeed. 

To ensure the company thrives I will certainly implement the lesson during my schooling.  Information regarding SEO and distribution will help the company emerge as a leader in this newfound field.

 Stay tuned for part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment